Since 1878 Stockholm University has been characterised by openness and innovation. A modern university with a multicultural environment, Stockholm University is one of the world’s top 100 higher education institutes. 70,000 students, 1,800 doctoral students and 5,000 staff are active within science, the humanities and the social sciences.
Education and research at Stockholm University make a difference. The University contributes to individual and social change through top quality education and outstanding research. Our researchers contribute to the development of public policy and political decision making, and participate in Nobel Prize Committees and international expert bodies.
Stockholm is a cultural hub and economic centre, with many green areas and surrounded by water, making it an ideal place in which to enjoy a relaxed and exciting student life.
At Stockholm University there are 64 departments and centres within the areas of Humanities/Social Sciences and Science. The following list comprises all departments and centres arranged alphabetically according to faculty. Where possible links are given to the English version of the departmental website.
Science Academic Area
Section for Earth and Environmental Sciences
Centers and institutes
Humanities & Social Sciences Academic Area
Faculty of Humanities
Centres and institutes within the Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Social Sciences
Centres and institutes within the Faculty of Social Sciences
The city of Stockholm has been ranked as 27th best student city in the world. According to QS University Rankings, Stockholm "is known for its beauty, friendliness, culture, high quality of life – and high quality of universities."
The mobile app "Stockholm University Guide" enables you to use your phone to navigate around the campus and find services available to students.
"There is something for everyone here," says former student Michael Forsman, from the USA, about Sweden's capital city. Di Wang, from China, notes how easy it is to get around in the city because most Stockholmers speak good English. Check out what they have to say about the city and the University in a new short video.
Studying at Stockholm University makes a difference
Stockholm University is one of the 100 highest ranked universities in the world and Sweden’s largest institution for higher education with top quality education and outstanding research in a wide variety of fields. 70 000 students are currently studying here and we offer 75 master’s programmes taught in English within science, the humanities, law and social sciences.
All international students, regardless of country of origin, can use the step-by-step guide to help you make your application for a course or study programme at Bachelor's or Master's level. If you are nominated by your home university to study as an exchange student at Stockholm University, you should instead follow the step-by-step guide for exchange students.
This section contains a step-by-step description of the application process for exchange students.
The application procedure for exchange students differs from that of non-exchange students. As an exchange student, you must be nominated by your home university. You will remain registered at your home university and apply through the International coordinators at your home university. Non-exchange students always apply through the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education’s central applications system at Universityadmissions.se.
1. Find out if there is an exchange agreement between the university you are currently attending and Stockholm University by consulting our exchange partner database or by contacting your home university.
See the section of this website entitled Partner universities. This page contains a full database of all exchange agreements.
2. Contact the International coordinator at your home university for further information about application procedures and admission requirements.
3. Browse our course catalogue to decide which courses you are interested in applying to. You will generally only be allowed to study in the area named in the exchange agreement. Choose your courses together with your department at your home university and your department at Stockholm University. Please find a list of the Departmental coordinators at Stockholm University.
4. After you have been nominated by your home university, the procedures differ depending on whether you are coming under a central university-wide agreement or a departmental agreement. You will get information on how to proceed from the International coordinator at your home university.
5. Once you have submitted your application form, you should not assume you have been accepted until you receive an official letter of acceptance from Stockholm University.
6. The choice of courses cannot always be guaranteed, although every effort will be made to give students the courses they have chosen. If in advance courses are cancelled or you do not meet the requirements, you will be contacted by your department at Stockholm University. The University cannot be held responsible for cancelled courses or students not being accepted onto courses due to classes being full or students not meeting the academic requirements.
University offices & staff
Postal address: Stockholm University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Visitors: Universitetsvägen 10A
Switchboard: +46 (0)8 16 20 00
Study4u.eu is the largest web portal in Poland that will help you choose the best higher-education school for you. Not like many others, we will also help you during the application process to your dream school.
You have a dilemma what type of studies to choose? Full-time or part-time? Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree? Private or public university? Browse through our list of universities or use our convenient search engine which will certainly ease your choice of studies in Poland or in Europe. You are planning to continue your education on a higher level and you would like to get some more information about faculties and courses offered by universities? Find all the answers on our web portal Study4u.eu and pick your ideal place for studying!
Study4u.eu is a part of:
ul. Duża 20
25-304 Kielce Poland
+48 41 343 12 07
+48 41 343 12 07
+48 505 548 824